Monday, April 2, 2012

6 Years Old....

My babies turned 6!  It feels like just yesterday we were getting ready to head to the hospital!  I remember going to see my doctor the day before I was to be induced and he told me just go home and rest!  Yeah right - like that was going to happen!  I left there went shopping and had a pedicure!  I was one of those lucky ones and never had sickness during my pregnancy, but that night I was up sick to my stomach!  I know it was nerves and anxiety - I remember laying in the bath tub in the middle of the night just b/c that was the only place I could calm down!  The next day went as planned with no hiccups - it was a good day with lots of people around and plenty of eyes in the delivery room!  This is probably why my kids expect an audience for everything!  They came into the world with a delivery and waiting room full of people who were there for just them!

I thought I was okay until a few nights before when I started getting everything ready and checking my list twice!  Eric could tell something was wrong with me - he just let me walk around the house with no purpose - but then sat me down and asked what is up?  That man knows me and can read me like a book - so there is not lying to him!  He teased me like he always does and it did make me feel better.  But as I type this blog I have tears in my eyes!  It isn't that I am not happy they are getting bigger, I just miss the baby stages - I never thought I would, but I do. We joked when they turned 1 that we keep them alive one year -now they are just growing before my eyes into little people! 
Now here I am mentally, emotionally and physically exhausted from their birthday party this past weekend!  Having their parties on the same day is good for everyone invited - they only have to make one trip - but it is a huge project for me - but I wouldn't have it any other way :).  Because we don't have just one cake - we have two cakes, two tables, two themes, and house (this year a yard too) full of people!  I thought they would want separate parties this year - but when I said they could have 2 smaller parties - they nixed that and told me "NO Mom we want our BIG party!" And of course they got their BIG party; people were everywhere and they were smiles all day.  I actually made it through the singing of Happy Birthday (yes we sang it twice) without crying (which is the first time that has ever happened)!!  It may have had to do something with the burning of my finger from the lighter trying to light candles with wind blowing every which way - but none the less I didn't cry!

Regardless of how exhausted I am - I still would not trade it for anything in the world - the smile and flicker in their eyes makes it all worth while - I know they will remember this and always know that we did the best we could to make their day special! 

Until next time  keep praying and keep smiling...


No comments:

Post a Comment