Sunday, September 21, 2014

Can I pray for me...????

As we sat in church this morning I prayed for my kids, my husband, my family, friends, my usual prayers. However the second I was done praying I snapped at my kids.  As I was praying I was being tapped, pulled, with all of a sudden "I have to get water I need to use the bathroom".  It's not like we live far from the church, but the second we walk in its like every bodily function stops!  I honestly thinks it's their way of not having to sit for an entire hour, but I guess I'll take them sitting there for 45 minutes over not... I even joked with the couple behind me, please pray for me. Silently I was calming myself down from having a breakdown on my kids!!! 

I started to think during mass, am I praying for the right things?  I never stop and pray for me... But I feel selfish for praying for me... I shouldn't be taking up Gods time with me, there are far more important things to pray for then me... My kids, my husband, my friends, etc they need my prayers more... Right????....

But in all honesty no one knows me or my heart and soul better than Jesus.  He already knows my fears, faults, blemishes, and shortcomings (snapping at my kids this morning comes to mind) yet He still chooses to love and accept ME for ME.  So how can I not pray for myself, I need Him to guide me, listen to me and show me how or be a better person. I need Him to show me how to be closer to him, I need Him for my walk in this life.  All of this is going through my mind at mass this morning.  During  the homily, our Priest talks about jealousy, fairness, being thankful for your own blessings.  I realized I can't get through this life without praying for myself, I need Him to help me not be envious of others, to be humble, thankful and appreciative of the blessings I have. I realized I am important enough, He created me and He doesn't create anything that isn't worth praying for. And that includes me too.  

Without praying for myself, how can I be strong enough to pray for others, guide my kids to follow His word, be a good faith filled wife to my husband, help others, & pray for others. Without making sure I'm solid in my faith, then how can I help others? The only way I'm solid is through prayer with Jesus. I encourage each of you to take a moment and pray for yourself!  Just like me YOU are worth it too!!!!

Keep smiling and keep praying, I know I will (and even say a prayer for myself!) 

Philippians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment